0.79.1 Maintenance Release Notes2022-09-30
We recommend repository maintainers move to 0.79.1, which should be much easier to package. Details in the Packaging section below.
We recommend users of our zip, dmg, and Windows installer packages upgrade from 0.79.0 to fix some audio and usability bugs.
This maintenance release was made possible by everyone who tried 0.79.0, submitted bugs and pull requests, and tested the updates: thank you!
How to Upgrade
Download and launch the latest version:
At the DOSBox
C:\> prompt, run:
config -wc to upgrade your config file with the currently-supported settings.
Fixes and Regressions
Fixed a CDDA playback regression in Might and Magic 6 when using multi-image mounts (kcgen)
Allowed the Esc key and window-close events to exit from the paused state (Wengier)
Fixed a bug that prevented automounted drives from being used by
Fixed an audio filter reset regression flagged in Blues Brothers: Jukebox Adventure (kcgen)
Fixed a 16-bit stereo DMA regression detected when using the sound blaster's
"303" by Acme (30fps encoding, 120k cycles and SB16 using
- Improved ability to pipe between applications by using
Y:as a temporary path (Wengier)
- Switched to warning-level logging for MIDI configuration issues (Michael Drueing)
- Improved the lookup of resources when XDG variables aren't set correctly (kcgen, Eli Schwartz)
- Updated the Dutch language to use the US keyboard layout by default (Wengier)
- Included xbox-compatible controller mapperfiles for 180+ games: conf, wiki (nemo93)
- Added Dutch translation (Robert de Rooy)
- Fixed outdated content in German translation (Burrito78)
- Synced Italian translation (Kappa971)
- Dropped non-existant KEYB help messages from translation system (Wengier)
- Replaced more escape-codes with markup tags in the translations (Robert de Rooy)
- Moved the mount type descriptions into the translation system (Wengier)
Wiki Updates since 0.79.0
- New Keymapper page with examples for those with XBox controllers (nemo93)
- New FAQ answering questions about audio settings, configuration files, video output, and other topics (nemo93)
- Notable additions to the UniVBE, Special keys, Getting started, Suggested audio settings, Config examples, AUTOTYPE candidates, and Games with CD DA, GUS and MIDI audio pages (nemo93)
- Adjusted Meson's FluidSynth dependency spec to match upstream's packaging (Kirk Klobe)
- Switched Meson to use SpeexDSP from the host first and fallback to wrap (kcgen)
- Switched Meson to use shared (instead of static) libraries by default (kcgen)
- Fixed installation of
meson install(kcgen, Eli Schwartz)
Packagers will get shared libs and installed resources with these standard steps:
meson setup --prefix /writable/install/path build meson install -C build
Thanks to our financial contributors who allow us to purchase hardware, licenses, and other non-trivial expenses to keep the team and project going.
We are grateful for all community contributions as well as the original DOSBox project, upon which DOSBox Staging is based.