0.77.1 Maintenance Release Notes2021-08-28
How to upgrade from any version:
Download and launch the latest version:
At the DOSBox
C:\> prompt, run:
config -wc to upgrade your config file.
Your existing settings will be retained however extraneous comments will be dropped.
The following user-visible bugs were fixed in 0.77.1 (reported-by/fixed-by):
- Fix crash when using 32-bit build and the dynamic-core on Windows 10 (Banjo-Oz/kklobe).
- Fix crash when using 32-bit build and the dynamic-core on Raspbian (nemo93/kklobe).
- Fix degraded joystick control during once-a-month integer time-rollover event (cimarronm).
- Fix inability for a program to use its own bundled HELP and CHOICE executables (SmilingSpectre/Wengier).
- Fix inability to map joystick events when joysticktype was configured as 'none' (GranMinigun/kcgen).
- Fix incorrect setup of the joystick when type configured as '2axis' (choum/kcgen).
- Fix input control lag on some Windows systems and on macOS when the 'Magnet' GUI management program is running (Burrito78/kcgen).
- Fix mouse control in "Alive - Behind the Moon" (DOSBox SVN r4461/ripsaw8080).
- Fix performance regression when building releases on arm-based Linux SBC (mrfixit2001).
- Fix potential Tseng ET3000 video mode corruption (DOSBox SVN r4460/ripsaw8080).
- Fix resizing of window impacting the debugger TUI on Windows (DOSBox SVN r4462/ripsaw8080).
- Fix potential crash when quickly Alt+Tab'ing on Windows (kklobe).
- Fix size and placement of video content when using a resizeable window mode (bmunger/kcgen).
- Fix unformattable content in translation files (dreamer/kcgen).
- Synchronize Italian translation files (Kappa971).
- Synchronize German translation files (Burrito78).
Translations Pack Included
French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish users: move the bundled
translations directory into your DOSBox Staging configuration directory.
(macOS users: Right click the dosbox-staging.app file and select "Show Package Contents". The
translations folder is inside
After the move, you will have:
Linux: /home/username/.config/dosbox/translations/ macOS: ~/Library/Preferences/DOSBox/translations/ Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\DOSBox\translations\
Load your language on the command-line:
dosbox -lang de dosbox -lang es dosbox -lang fr dosbox -lang it dosbox -lang pl dosbox -lang ru
Or via primary or local conf file:
[dosbox] language = de # de, es, fr, it, pl, ru
dosbox -editconf to open your conf file.
For future reference, the above is also discussed in the README.
We are extremely grateful for all contributions, including the invaluable improvements merged in from The DOSBox Team and The DOSBox-X Team.
DOSBox Staging maintains original authorship on all commits to ensure attribution is recorded in the version control system (git).