0.77.0 Release Notes2021-07-02
How to Upgrade:
Download and launch the latest version:
At the DOSBox
C:\> prompt, run:
config -wc to upgrade your config file.
Your existing settings will be retained however extraneous comments will be dropped.
1. Table of Contents
2. Significant Changes
- Migrated Staging from autotools to the Meson build system.
- Those building from source, please see
BUILD.mdin the repository.
- Those building from source, please see
- Added write-xor-execute page support to comply with the latest macOS and SELinux security policies.
- Thanks to jmarsh and Jonathan Campbell for discussions on vogons.
- Added variable expansion to the interactive DOS shell.
- Finished FluidSynth integration, which is now included in all release binaries.
- Finished MT-32 integration, which is now included in all release binaries.
- See the wiki notes for how to use it.
mixer /listmidiin the DOS shell to see the available MT-32 models and versions.
- See the list of unmissable MT-32 experiences, courtesy vogons.org forum user Shreddoc and contributors.
- Thanks to Canadacow for authoring MT-32 emulation in 2003, KingGuppy and Mok for the follow-on work, and SergM who continues to maintain and improve the Munt project today.
- Thanks to Meson for adding libmt32emu to the WrapDB.
- Thanks to Microsoft for adding libmt32emu to Vcpkg.
- Added IBM PS/1 Audio device support.
- Added Innovation SSI-2001 audio device support.
- Replaced the default
Ctrl+F<keys>hotkeys on macOS with
Cmd+F<keys>to reduce conflicts with the OS.
- Thanks to Antti Peltola, Burrito78, and Kirk Klobe for guidance and testing.
- Added or Improved translations for French, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
- Thanks to Draky50110 (fr), Kappa971 (it), dreamer (po), IlyaIndigo (ru), and Peluchito (es).
startup_verbositysettings. This shows the splash but skips the help banner.
- Three relative window sizes:
largeare now understood by the
windowresolutionconf setting. These T-shirt sizes correspond to a window that's 25%, 50%, or 80% of your desktop's area, regardless of DPI or type of monitor (be it 720p, 1080p, or 4K).
- Window resizeable using corner-drag is now auto-enabled on all platforms when conditions permit.
The following user-visible bugs were fixed:
- Will no longer lose focus on Raspberry Pi when launched fullscreen in an Xorg session [PR#995].
- Release builds now use
dosbox-staging.confas the primary conf file instead of
- Windows release builds once again mount Opus CD-DA tracks, which was a regression in 0.76 [PR#885].
- AUTOTYPE now works with all games. Until now, a subset of games didn't respond to its keystrokes [PR#942].
- Shoulder triggers on some six-axis controllers, such as the PS4 and Logitech's F310 and F710 controllers, can now be mapped [PR#944].
- When toggling out of fullscreen mode, in some corner cases this resulted in a blank window. This is now fixed [PR#1096].
The 0.77 release includes 920 commits plus 35 commits originating from the DOSBox project.
DOSBox Staging Members
The following members actively supported the project during the 0.77 timeframe:
- Antti Peltola (macOS testing and feedback)
- Brandon Munger (collaborator)
- Burrito78 (macOS testing and feedback)
- GranMinigun (testing and triage)
- kcgen (maintainer)
- Kirk Klobe (maintainer)
- Dennis Lühring (collaborator)
- nemo93 (Wiki maintainer)
- Patryk Obara (maintainer)
- Ruben Genoese (testing and triage)
- Wengier (collaborator)
The following authors, co-authors, wiki editors, translators, testers, and bug reporters directly contributed to the 0.77 release:
- Antti Peltola
- Brandon Munger
- Dennis Lühring
- Dugan Chen
- Emmanuel Gil Peyrot
- Joshua Krämer
- Ken Händel
- Kirk Klobe
- Otto Urpelainen
- Patryk Obara
- Ruben Genoese
- Sarah Whitman
- Toby Jennings
The following DOSBox authors' SVN commits (r4393 through r4459) were merged during the 0.77 timeframe:
- Peter Veenstra
- Sjoerd van der Berg
The following patch or external project authors' sources were merged during the 0.77 timeframe:
- Antti S. Lankila (reSIDfp maintainer)
- Dag Lem (Original reSID author)
- David Reid (dr_libs audio codecs author)
- Dean Beeler (Original MT-32 patch author)
- Jason Kim (PS/1 patch author)
- Jonathan Campbell (DOSBox-X maintainer)
- nukeykt (Nuked OPL emulator author)
- sergm (Munt and MT-32 patch maintainer)
- Vasyl Tsvirkunov (SS1-2001 patch author)
- Wengier (DOSBox-X maintainer)
- ykhwong (DOSBox Daum maintainer)
We are extremely grateful for all contributions, including the invaluable improvements merged in from the DOSBox project.
The project maintains original authorship on all commits (including those from upstream, patches, and external projects) to ensure correct attribution is recorded in the version control system.